- When creating PDF files: if you would like to get all the features available, but you only have Adobe Reader installed on your work PC, email the Helpdesk (firstname.lastname@example.org) and request the upgrade to Adobe Professional for free. To check what version you have, open any PDF file and read the program’s name at the top of the screen.
- How to upload multiple files (at once) to SharePoint: (you must use Internet Explorer* to do this)
How to organize multiple files in SharePoint: watch this short video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywsdnYfHATs It shows you how to open SharePoint files using Windows Explorer (for Windows users only and must use Internet Explorer*)
Creating links to Evidence:
- go to www.mvcsp.com/accreditation
- select your team's folder
- click the drop-down menu next to upload
- click on Upload Multiple Documents
- select the desired documents to upload, then click OK
- on your draft document, create a link directly to the URL (link) where the file is located, e.g. http://www.mvc.edu/files/Guide_Evaluating_Institutions_Aug2012.pdf,
- from the URL (link) on step a above, create a PDF file by selecting FILE / SAVE AS (or PRINT) / PDF format and save it to your Evidence folder (see item #1 above if you don't have this option available)
* Apple users: there is an alternative, contact me if interested.